We Support the UN Global Compact
We are proud to announce our endorsement and official participation in the United Nations Global Compact – the world’s largest voluntary corporate responsibility initiative. This is a strong demonstration of our commitment to advance the tenets of corporate sustainability, and to align our operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
We have expressed our intent to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, to make the Global Compact and its principles part of the strategy, culture, and day-to-day operations of our company.
The 10 Principles are as follows:
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. The effective abolition of child labour; and
6. The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.