Do you want to work for one of the leading surveying companies in Europe today?
With offices, currently in Dublin, Kildare, Cork, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Barcelona, Cologne, Milan and plans for further expansion we are recruiting. At present, we have a staff of over 200 people and our continual growth over the last 35 years has been attributed to our client centred consultancy, technologically innovative products and our progressive approach. As a result, we are now recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Measured Building Surveys, Legal Mapping, Area Measurement, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Topographic Surveys, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Subsurface Engineering Services, Geophysical Surveys, Monitoring Solutions, Digital Construction, Hydrographic Surveys and UAV/Drone Surveys.
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.
The purpose of this role is to work as a surveyor in the surveying and engineering department. The position will suit a qualified surveyor with 2 – 3 years’ experience in Topographical surveys and setting out, who is willing to travel and be flexible regarding working hours.
- To deliver the project on time, within budget, to the required quality and in a safe manner
- To carry out the appropriate tasks as outlined/ briefed by the surveyor responsible or manager
- To understand and support the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Management System
- To report hours worked and description of works completed on Job Diary daily
- To attend briefings as required
- Commercial awareness on projects
- To give feedback at appropriate site/ management meetings
- Follows company procedures
- To ensure understanding of committed tasks
- Any other duties to meet the need of the business
- Ensure that any nonconformities identified are dealt with so as to continue to meet the requirements of the Health Safety and Environmental Management System
- Support, training and advise junior staff
- Liaise with clients on projects, when needed
- Capable of managing a second team on a project
- Train Assistant and Junior Surveyors as required
- Safe Pass and various CSCS Card Required – as dictated by client or project
- Manual Handling Training Required
- Health, Safety and Environmental Training required – as dictated by client or project
- Physically capable to carry out the role
- Able to travel nationwide
- 2 -3 years’ experience in Topographic surveys
- Clean drivers licence (Cat B)
- Chartered surveyor or professional membership of surveying bodies (desirable)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Accountability
- Planning and Organising
- Creativity and Innovation
Why work with Murphy Surveys
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning & Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a very broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Access to a company vehicle (role dependent); Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.