Murphy Surveys are currently recruiting for an experienced surveyor in their Cork Survey Department.
The position will suit a qualified surveyor with 2 – 3 years’ experience in Topographical surveys and setting out, who is willing to travel and be flexible regarding working hours.
- Deliver projects on time, within budget, to the required quality and in a safe manner
- Carry out the appropriate tasks as outlined/ briefed by the surveyor responsible or manager
- Understand and support the requirements of the Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Management System
- Report hours worked and description of works with a daily Job Diary
- Attend briefings as required
- Posses commercial awareness on projects
- Provide feedback at appropriate site/ management meetings
- Follow company procedures
- Understand committed tasks
- Ensure any nonconformities identified are dealt appropriately, to meet the requirements of the Health Safety and Environmental Management System
- Support, train and advise junior staff as required
- Liaise with clients on projects, when needed
- Capable of managing a second team on a project
- Safe Pass and various CSCS Card required – as dictated by client or project
- Manual handling training required
- Health, Safety and Environmental Training required – as dictated by client or project
- Physically capable to carry out the role
- Able to travel nationwide
- 2 -3 years’ experience in Topographic surveys
- Clean drivers’ licence (Cat B)
- Chartered surveyor or professional membership of surveying bodies (desirable)
Location: Primarily Munster
Working hours: Full-time, 8.00 to 5.30, Monday to Friday
Murphy Surveys is one of the leading survey consultancies in Europe. We are an ambitious and innovative company, and through our commitment to invest in people, technology and best practice, we continuously strive to be the best and remain ahead of the field in everything we do.
With offices nationwide in Ireland, UK and in Spain, Germany and Italy, we are continuously developing and expanding our 250 strong team. Building on a strong reputation of over 35 years, we are recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Measured Building Surveys, Legal Mapping, Area Measurement, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Topographic Surveys, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Subsurface Engineering Services, Geophysical Surveys
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.
Why work with Murphy Surveys
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support Network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality and Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning and Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a very broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.
Why work in Cork
- Cork is set to become the fastest growing city in Ireland over the next 20 years. The population of the city is set to almost treble!
- 50% of Cork’s population is aged under 35 years, making it a young and vibrant place to live.
- Co Cork’s coast line stretches 1,100 kilometres and it is home to the world’s second largest natural harbour.
- Cork Airport has nine daily flights to London, direct flights to East Coast USA, and to EU hub airports.
- Cork is home to more than 50 farmers’ markets a week and described as being “Europe’s best-kept culinary secret” by Esquire Magazine (2018).
- Cork is currently ranked as one of Europe’s top 25 cities of the future.