Do you want to work for one of the leading surveying companies in UK and the Ireland?
With offices currently in London, Kildare and Cork and plans for further expansion we are recruiting for Engineering Surveyors in our London office.
At present we have a staff of over 100 people and our continual growth over the last 28 years has been attributed to our client centred consultancy, technologically innovative products and our progressive approach. As a result, we are now recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in the UK and Ireland today.
Murphy Surveys offer a wide variety of surveying services which include Land Surveying, Measured Build Surveys, Monitoring, GPS and Laser Scanning, Hydrographical and Ground Penetrating Radar to name but a few. We are currently working on exciting infrastructure and RMI projects throughout London and the UK and require staff immediately;
The ideal candidate must have had some formal training and a minimum 5 years’ experience in carrying out detailed Topo/Land surveys on railway infrastructure (NWR & LUL). They must be able to work independently and have confidence to lead a team and deliver a project from start to finish.
The role is based out of our North Road office in London and most of the work will be London based however working away from home and on weekends and nights will be required. Work within other sectors of the business will also be required at times carrying out general surveys.
Experience is necessary in the following:
– Surveys of Permanent Way – Knowledge of all rail related track detail and surveying requirements for surveys of the permanent way
– Track gauging using a cant bar, laser sweep, platform gauging etc.
– Experienced in using Amberg track trolley and post processing of information
– Experienced in the use of laser scanning equipment
– Bentley Microstation AND Microsoft AutoCAD or Civil3D experience essential.
– Processing of survey data using Leica Geo-office, Starnet, LisCAD
– Experienced in the use of Leica or Trimble equipment
– Experienced in use of Network Rail, London Underground &, Railway Group standards as well as the relevant – British Standards and Eurocodes
– Good communication, listening and mentoring skills
– Ability to develop good client relationships
– Commercial and Programme awareness
In return, Murphy Surveys will offer the successful candidates an attractive package with benefits reflective of experience.
A programme of ongoing training and development will be included.