Do You Want To Work For One Of The Leading Surveying Companies In Ireland And The UK?
With offices, currently in London, Manchester, Kildare and Cork and plans for further expansion we are recruiting. At present, we have a staff of over 200 people and our continual growth over the last 30 years has been attributed to our client centred consultancy, technologically innovative products and our progressive approach. As a result, we are now recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Topographic Survey and Engineering, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Utility Mapping, Property Services, Geophysical Surveys, Monitoring Solutions, Hydrographic Surveys, Measured Building Surveys, UAV.
This role will provide operational management and support for the engineering division of Murphy Surveys. As the senior member of this department, you will provide support to the business, including project management and business development. In additional, this role will be supported by the head of department along with the current team members.
The engineering division is rapidly growing. We have introduced innovative and alternative methods to assist difficult and unusual surveys and inspections. We offer clients specially trained survey teams who can undertake specialist surveys, combining 3D deliverables with consultative recommendations to our clients.
Commercial Strategy and Development
– Undertake business development for the Department
– Agreeing timescales, costs and resources
– Recruiting sub-contractors and specialists
– Overseeing billing, costs and accounting
– Implement client value proposition
– Meet with clients and attend relevant network opportunities
– Developing commercial objectives and strategy, in collaboration with the sales team
– Keeping track of employees and progress with IT systems
Engineering & Inspections
– Technical enquiries and skills
– Management of key client relationships
– Management of Specialist Services
Quality Analysis and Control
– Review submissions
– Implement templates and standards
– Create and manage work flows
– Careful monitoring of sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are properly maintained
– Carry out project kick off meetings and general department meetings
– Qualified project manager with a minimum of an Honors degree in project management
– 3 to 5 years post graduate experience in working on surveying/ engineering related projects
– Flexibility and adaptability
– Task orientated and results focused
– Attention to detail
– Aptitude for problem solving
– Highly driven
– Proficient in MS Office & AutoCAD
– Fluent/ highly proficient in spoken and written English
– Full clean driving license
– Strong safety ethic
– Excellent attention to detail
– Membership of recognized professional body in the engineering sector
– Experience in day to day project planning with multiple teams
– Experience of surveying and engineering regulations and technical guidance documents
– Knowledge/ experience of Autocad /Civil 3D
– Knowledge and experience of Public Works for Consultants
-Planning and Organising
-Creativity and Innovation
-Time and Priority Management
Murphy Surveys is an equal opportunities employer offering attractive career packages with benefits reflective of experience, the opportunity to work for a dynamic and growing company, and a programme of ongoing training and development.