Do you want to work for one of the leading surveying companies in Europe today?
Murphy Surveys is one of the leading survey consultancies in Europe. We are an ambitious and innovative company, and through our commitment to invest in people, technology and best practice, we continuously strive to be the best and remain ahead of the field in everything we do.
With offices nationwide in Ireland, UK and in Spain, Germany and Italy, we are continuously developing and expanding our 250 strong team. Building on a strong reputation of over 35 years, we are recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Measured Building Surveys, Legal Mapping, Area Measurement, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Topographic Surveys, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Subsurface Engineering Services, Geophysical Surveys, Monitoring Solutions, Digital Construction, Hydrographic Surveys and UAV/Drone Surveys.
Murphy Surveys are expanding our existing specialist engineering services department. This dynamic division of the company provides a unique offering to our clients through the provision of structural inspection and hydrographic surveys, predominately in challenging aquatic and marine environments or in difficult to access places (at height or in confined spaces). We are seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to join our team in a senior capacity to aid with the continuing development of the department. The role is technically interesting and diverse with a requirement for involvement in a wide range of areas such as business development, project management, leading and directing both technical and quality, together with managing a team as the service expands. The role will appeal to practically minded engineers who enjoy a balanced mix of office and site-based work, engaging with clients, building long-lasting relationships, helping to maintain Irelands critical infrastructure. You will be expected to oversee and advise on projects ranging from small-scale domestic to large commercial projects throughout Ireland.
This role offers the opportunity to be located from any of our Irish Offices, Dublin, Kildare, or Cork. Travel may be required in and around the country, as and where projects arise.
- A BSc in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification of similar level
- 5+ years’ experience in the management of projects, delivering a client focused service
- Competence in, but not limited to; all aspects of structures/buildings inspections, including construction standards, technical reporting, condition surveys, planned [preventative] maintenance, defect[s] analysis and dilapidation reporting
- High standard of customer service
- Practically minded: good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good report writing, communication and leadership skills
- Chartered Status
- Full, clean, drivers Licence
Desired but not essential
- Geospatial surveying experience
- Diving/water experience
- Rope access (IRATA Level 1)
- Boat handling experience/certification
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.
Why work with Murphy Surveys
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning & Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a very broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Access to a company vehicle (role dependent); Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.