About This Project
The survey was required primarily to facilitate the relocation of existing utility services during the course of the DART Underground Construction Works. The results of the survey were also used as the basis for the structural design of the stations and access/ventilation shafts, and for the estimation of quantities for the main contract.
– Investigation and mapping of all surface and subsurface utilities and utility apparatus within building structures and basements, using non-destructive methods.
– Liaison with the various authorities, Irish Rail, and land owners.
– Implementation of temporary traffic management arrangements.
– Confirmation and verification of the results of the survey by excavation of a number of slit trenches within the scope of the survey boundary.
– Preparation of digital survey drawings and a utilities database.
Murphy Surveys carried out all works on site during the night. This involved implementing a traffic management plan, obtaining work permits form DCC, Irish Rail, an Garda Siochana and Veolia Transport, and liaising with various utility providers.
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Underground Utility Survey, Site Control
GPS, Ground Penetrating Radar |Electromagnetics | Slit Trenching