Aerial LiDAR Survey for Electricity Supply Board (ESB)
About This Project
Murphy Surveys was awarded a framework contract to carry out all Aerial LiDAR surveys for ESB.
The project consisted of the provision of aerial LiDAR mapping for 1181km of power transmission line corridors throughout Ireland. The works of the whole project framework were carried out on an ongoing basis with capture of mapping once per year during 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Data acquisition works were carried out in partnership with our aerial survey partner company Hansa Luftbild of Germany. Murphy Surveys carried out all project management, ground control, processing, client liaison and delivery.
The project was delivered within the required time frame with all deliverables meeting the project specification in terms of accuracy, completeness and client expectation.
– Classified laser data (13 classes) – Accuracy +/-100mm.
– Ortho photography in ECW format with additional MapInfoTAB files – 5cm GSD.
– Oblique photography – 5cm GSD.
– Topographic Mapping in DWG and DGN (break lines) – Accuracy +/100mm.
– DTM as TIN model compatible with PLS CADD format – Accuracy +/100mm.
– Contour lines in DGN, DWG and DXF format.
– Obstacle data compatible with PLS CADD format – Accuracy +/-100mm.
Electricity Supply Board (ESB)
Semi-State / Utilities
1,181km long x 80m wide
Helicopter: Bell JetRanger 206; LIDAR system: IGI LiteMapper 5600; IMU, GPS (Air and Ground), Leica TS15 Total Station; Data processing applications: IGI AeroOffice; GEOLAS GeoCodeWF, TerraScan, TerraMatch, TerraModeler, TerraPhoto, Bentley MicroStation, ESRI ArcGIS