We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced operations manager with proven experience to take a key role in our rapidly growing UK team.
At present we have a staff of over 100 people in the UK and Ireland. Our success has been attributed to a client centred approach, wide range of services, innovative and up to date technological equipment, and our team of highly skilled personnel. We are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in the UK.
The position is full time and the successful candidate is sought for an immediate start.
– Take overall responsibility for the operations overseeing different departments and managing the “general survey” department
– Ensuring efficient scheduling of staff and equipment on projects
– Liaising with clients
– Enabling operational staff to work efficiently
– Working closely with the Managing Director and the Finance department to ensure projects are monitored and managed efficiently
– Strategic planning with the Directors and Sales department
– Recruitment of new staff
– Line managing heads of operational departments and staff in “General Survey” department
– A primary or post-graduate qualification in surveying or a related field.
– At least five years of experience in direct line management of operational staff in the surveying or construction sector
– RICS or ICES membership or similar surveying accreditation, not compulsory but highly beneficial.
– Able to work on your own initiative and to develop new applications and projects, as well as working within an existing team
– Familiar with field survey design, data acquisition, survey equipment and general developments in the survey and construction sector
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– An ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads and achieve critical deadlines
– A flexible, positive attitude towards work and be a team player
– Enthusiastic and structured approach to planning with good problem solving abilities
– Willing to travel throughout the UK as required
– A salary between £45,000-55,000 depending on experience
– Programme of on-going training and development
– Being part of one of the fastest growing and ambitious surveying companies in the UK
– Murphy Surveys UK Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.