At present, we have a staff of over 200 people and 7 offices in Dublin, Kildare, Cork, Belfast, London, Manchester and Glasgow. Our continual growth over the last 30 years has been attributed to our client centred consultancy, technologically innovative products and our progressive approach. As a result, we are now recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Our specialities include Topographic Survey and Engineering, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Utility Mapping, Property Services, Geophysical Surveys, Monitoring Solutions, Hydrographic Surveys, Measured Building Surveys, UAV.
This is a leadership role responsible for delivery of projects to clients and initiatives within the business to drive performance and effectiveness. In collaboration with all teams, this role will formulate commitments, plan the process towards achievement and drive follow through and implementation. The role will be based in our Kilcullen office and will oversee all operations of our Irish Company which involves the management of approximately 750 projects
1. Commercial Strategy and Management
- Developing Murphy Surveys commercial objectives and strategy, in collaboration with the Leadership team, having regard to the Company’s responsibilities to its shareholders, customers, employees and other stakeholders
- Reviewing (in collaboration with Human Resources) the implications for developing talent and succession plans for high potentials
- Ensure that there is a fit between strategy and culture, and the company’s processes and structure whilst optimizing as far as is reasonably possible the use and adequacy of the group’s resources
- Keeping abreast of relevant information regarding the competitive context that would impact our operating environment
2. Commercial Development
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline of commercial development opportunities in line with revenue targets
- Ensure awareness and achievement of all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Together with the leadership team, providing coherent leadership of the operations of the company, including, representing the Company to customers, suppliers, government, shareholders, financial institutions, employees, the media, the community and the public
3. Operational Leadership
- Lead the day to day running of the operations of the Company, and also take a leadership role in establishing or developing the company’s culture, mission and values
- Determine costs and timelines for all client projects in collaboration with the Project Managers in each department
- Monitoring execution of business plans to ensure adherence to timelines and early course correction and related communications as necessary
- Communicate progress and developments to the leadership team covering all aspects of the company’s performance
- Report to the Managing Director on progress against the strategic and annual business plans on a regular basis
4. People Management
- Drive the performance management process to ensure timely completion of reviews, closure of follow through actions and give constructive performance feedback
- Role model compliance with all Company policies and procedures, conduct assessments and act as necessary to follow through on talent development and succession planning for high potentials in line with requirements set up in the business strategy
- Coach and mentor Managers under your remit, provide resources to drive performance and ensure adequate skill mix within the Company by providing training and coaching to ensure that technical and team-based skills are acquired, applied and maintained
- Periodically reviewing the organisational structure, overall performance, responsibilities and capabilities of the Operations team and recommending changes as appropriate
- At least 8 to 10 years’ operations management experience, preferably within surveying or a professional services environment (Engineering/Construction)
- Diploma/Degree in business related discipline
- Project management qualification
- Strong commercial awareness
- PC literate
- Competent in preparing business strategies and implementing action plans
- Proven experience in delivering results
- Experienced managing/overseeing teams of up to 50 people
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Process improvement orientation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- An excellent team player that can leverage the abilities of all personnel working within the business unit.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Goal Orientation
- Employee Development/Coaching
- Project Management
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
Our Human Resource Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.