NDT Scanning – GPR for Concrete Inspection
Murphy Surveys use hand held ground penetrating radar (GPR) equipment utilising high frequency antennas to safely locate embedment within concrete structures prior to drilling, cutting or coring. Our NDT Scanning can reach depths of 0-450mm with confidence using a 2600 MHz or a 1600 MHz antenna, survey cart and SIR-3000 control unit. The GPR equipment is a quick and easy way to locate encased obstructions in concrete structures such as post-tension cables, conduit, and rebar prior to cutting or coring.
Our experienced engineers can safely locate embedment’s within concrete structures up to a depth of 450mm. The equipment can be used to evaluate block walls for fill cells and reinforcing steel, post-tensioned decks, slabs on grade for reinforcing, and to located voids below slabs for remedial engineering repair. Only single side access is required to perform surveys and Murphy Surveys can provide immediate results when timing is crucial, with no need to close off the work areas as with radiography.
NDT Scanning uses include:
- Essential for proper concrete inspections: they can accurately locate metallic and non-metallic objects in floors, wall and ceilings.
- Accurate Inspections of structures: Tunnels, Decks, Balconies, Towers, Walls, Ceilings, Monuments
- Expert condition assessment: For rehab planning we will safely map the relative condition of the concrete
- Accurately measure the thickness of slabs
- Identifying hidden anomalies and voids
- Locating conduits, post-tension cables and rebar
- It can accurately survey up to a depth of 450mm
- Mark and establish real-time targets with an innovative back-up cursor attribute