Murphy Surveys Offer PAS-128 Compliant Underground Utility Surveys
In Ireland, there are no agreed or published standards either for the detection, verification and location of underground utilities or the collection and recording of these data.
Murphy Surveys clients can be assured of the quality of our work, as we offer PAS-128 compliant surveys. We carry out all our underground utility surveys to PAS128 specification for underground utility detection, verification and location incorporating the TSA’s Utility Surveys Guidelines.
PAS 128 seeks to ensure clarity in the service we provide and methods we employ, accountability for the work we undertake, consistency in the approach to data capture and classification of the results, and the confidence that can be associated with them.
The benefits of carrying out a professionally executed survey include:
• Minimise utility damage
• Minimise project delays
• Save delay and damage costs
• Designing and planning knowing the constraints
• Saving costs with producing as built records
• Reduces traffic management costs
• Reduces the amount of intrusive investigation such as slit trenching
• Gives the client an overall view as opposed to slit trenching which usually covers only a small % of a site
• Promoting good relationships between client and surveyor
We at Murphy Surveys recognise that our growth is driven by our client-centered approach. Our technologically-advanced and innovative services, our highly skilled and experienced personnel, our proven methods and outstanding quality control, and our ongoing investment in the latest technologies and equipment are all guarantees that we give to our clients.
Subsurface Utility Mapping to PAS128 specification incorporating desktop studies, topographical surveys, manhole drainage surveys, EML surveys and GPR surveys.
- Collate all data on utility owners and their assets
- Sources may be online and/or offline
- Undertake an on-site check to validate utility records
- Mark up and annotate plans and notes
Onsite Detection & Post Processing
- Agree detection method with client
- Undertake full underground utility survey
- Use multiple techniques including EML & GPR
- Post process all field data off-site
- Use safe excavation techniques such as Slit Trenching, Vacuum Excavation, Pothling or Trial Pits.
- Exposes survey utilities at critical points