This year the ‘Cycle for Crumlin’ will take place on Saturday, July 21st. It is our fifth year to run the event and includes a 50km and a 100 km route. We would like to extend our thanks to everyone who took part and supported us in previous years – because of your support we have so far raised over €45,500! This year we are asking for your support to help us to reach our target of €60,000.
Full registration fee of €30 will be donated to the CMRF.
All registered cyclists will receive:
- souvenir gift
- free entry to participants raffle
- refreshments before & during cycle
- hot food served after cycle at our head office in Kilcullen
This year all participants in our Cycle for Crumlin will be entered free into a draw that will take place after the cycle back at our Kilcullen HQ!
The amazing prizes include the following:
- 1 x night B&B Lawlor’s of Naas
- Dinner for 2 Lawlor’s of Naas
- Dinner for 2 Fallons of Kilcullen
- 2 x Family Passes K-Leisure Naas
- 2 x concert tickets for 3Arena (details tbc)
- Bouquet of Flowers from Kildare Flowers
- Hamper from Burke’s Pharmacy, Kilcullen
- 3 x Dunnes Stores Vouchers
We would like to thank all our draw sponsors and wish all cyclists the best of luck in the draw!
CMRF Crumlin is the fundraising body for Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin as well as the National Children’s Research Centre and is dedicated to improving the quality of life for this and future generations of sick children. At their core CMRF Crumlin is patient centred, focused on child health and supporting families dealing with life changing challenges.
Research goes hand in hand with child health and break through projects are changing the way they deliver care to some of the sickest children in the country. For many seriously ill children, early diagnosis and the right treatment at the right time is crucial. That is why they invest in research, as it is knowledge and insights that gives answers, improvements and breakthroughs.
One of our main focuses is on transitional research – getting results from bench to bedside to deliver personalised medicine, individual treatment plans based on the child’s individual case, genes and responses. Crumlin want to discover more precise and faster diagnoses for children, targeted interventions and cures ultimately saving more children’s lives and improving long-term outcomes for each sick child.
Thanks to research, today Alex, a Cystic Fibrosis patient has an average life expectancy of 45 years. Just 10 years ago a child with CF’s life expectancy was just 25. Forty years ago, children like Kerri with Lymphoblastic Leukaemia had a 10% chance of survival. Today, thanks to research, 90% of children with Lymphoblastic Leukaemia are cured.
CMRF Crumlin will continue to invest in research and ensure that every patient that passes through the doors of Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin receives the best treatments and supports possible in an environment that supports recovery and well-being. www.cmrf.org
“Cycle For Crumlin is a fantastic event making a real difference for sick children and their families. We are so grateful to Murphy Surveys and all their wonderful staff, families, suppliers and other supporters that have got on board over the last four years. It’s through this kind of generous and enthusiastic teamwork that CMRF Crumlin is enabled to fund life-saving research, purchase equipment, redevelop wards and brighten days for sick children. On behalf of all the little heroes, their families and staff in Crumlin, thank you.” Sarah O’Suilleabhain, Corporate Development Manager, CMRF Crumlin.