Do you want to work for one of the leading surveying companies in Europe today?
With offices, currently in Dublin, Kildare, Cork, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Barcelona, Cologne, Milan and plans for further expansion, we are recruiting. At present, we have a staff of over 200 people and our continual growth over the last 35 years has been attributed to our client centred consultancy, technologically innovative products and our progressive approach. As a result, we are now recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Measured Building Surveys, Legal Mapping, Area Measurement, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Topographic Surveys, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Subsurface Engineering Services, Geophysical Surveys, Monitoring Solutions, Digital Construction, Hydrographic Surveys and UAV/Drone Surveys.
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.
To cope with project demands the company is currently seeking a Senior Measured Building Surveyor to join our growing team.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- A primary or post-graduate qualification in Geomatics or surveying
- RICS membership or similar surveying accreditation, although not compulsory would be very beneficial
- At least three years of experience in Measured Building Surveys in the UK
- Able to work on your own initiative and to develop new applications and projects, as well as working within an existing team
- Fully familiar with field survey design and data acquisition
- Capable of processing all survey data acquired through AutoCAD and other similar software
- Excellent data processing, interpretation, report writing and communication skills
- A good working knowledge of engineering, surveying and SUE industries
- Willing to travel and carry out field work throughout the UK as required
The successful candidate must also:
- Have a keen interest and understanding of the built and rural environment with a desire to expand upon it is highly desirable
- High standard and quality of work
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Pro-active, problem solving and positive attitude
- Self-starting, creative and able to work on your own initiative
- Be client focused
- Hold a full and valid driving licence
Why work with Murphy Surveys
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning & Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a very broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Access to a company vehicle (role dependent); Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.