Murphy Surveys is looking for a talented and motivated IT Systems Administrator to join our company based in Kilcullen. The role involves ensuring the timely resolution system problems and responding to staff requests. The Systems Administrator will report to the IT Manager and assist in management of the IT infrastructure to ensure maximum up-time.
Key Responsibilities include:
– Maintain performance and quality of the IT infrastructure as part of the support team.
– Support and maintenance of the underlying infrastructure including physical and virtual server environment, clients, printing, telephony, networking and remote access.
– Creation and management of user accounts and mailboxes.
– Maintain file shares and backups.
– Management of licensing requirements for software.
– Project Manage technical projects where required.
– Provide technical direction to staff members
– Liaise with third party support and technology providers.
– Providing out of hours support where required.
– Travel to other offices when required (Cork/UK on occasion for shot periods).
Requirements and Experience
– Experience in assisting end users – both locally and remotely.
– Experience working in a busy and pressurised environment.
– Experience in dealing with and installing and commissioning servers and systems. This includes Domain controllers, DNS and file-share servers utilising Microsoft technologies.
– Experience with VMWARE administration.
– Managing SAN and NAS infrastructure.
– Experience with Linux servers.
– Experience with HP and Dell hardware.
– Work as part of a team with strong communication skills.
– Relevant 3rd level qualification.
– Proficient in Windows XP /7/8
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
– Microsoft Server 2008/2012.
– Exchange 2007.
– Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group policy and server management
– Backup and Recovery Tools such as Symantec or Veeam