Do you want to work for one of the leading surveying companies in Europe today?
With offices, currently in Dublin, Kildare, Cork, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Barcelona, Cologne, Milan and plans for further expansion we are recruiting. At present, we have a staff of over 200 people and our continual growth over the last 35 years has been attributed to our client centred consultancy, technologically innovative products and our progressive approach. As a result, we are now recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.
We are looking for a talented and motivated IT Systems Administrator to join our company at Head Offices based in Kilcullen, Co. Kildare.
The role involves management of the company’s IT system, ensuring the timely resolution of issues, and responding to helpdesk requests. The Systems Administrator will report to the IT Manager and assist in management of the IT infrastructure to ensure maximum up-time.
A suitable candidate should have broad knowledge of managing Microsoft Windows networks, servers, storage, networking and email security. Good communication skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities include
- Maintain performance and quality of the IT systems as part of the IT support team.
- Support and maintenance of the underlying infrastructure including physical hardware and virtual environment, storage, networks, clients, printing, telephony and remote access.
- Work with technology providers and 3rd party support to resolve issues.
- Management of user accounts and permissions.
- Manage backups and maintain file shares.
- Management of licensing requirements for software.
- Project Manage technical projects where required.
- Provide technical direction to staff members.
- Providing out of hours support where required.
- Travel to other offices when required (occasional travel to Cork, Dublin, London for short periods).
Requirements and Experience
- Strong technical background with 5+ years’ experience in IT Systems administration
- Relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Microsoft Stack, Windows Server, PowerShell, Active
- Directory, DFS, Group Policy management.
- Experience in installing and commissioning servers and storage systems. This includes
- Domain controllers, DNS and file-share servers utilising Microsoft technologies.
- Experience with VMWARE administration.
- Managing SAN and NAS infrastructure.
- Experience with Linux servers.
- Experience with HPE hardware stack.
- Strong understanding of Exchange online and office 365.
- Strong understanding of Firewalls and network security including VPN tunnelling and remote access.
- Experience with configuring network switches
- Experience in assisting end users – both locally and remotely.
- Experience working in a busy and pressurised environment.
- Work as part of a team with strong communication skills.
- Good documentation skills
- Full driving license
Why work with Murphy Surveys
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning & Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a very broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Access to a company vehicle (role dependent); Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.