Do you want to work for one of the leading surveying companies in Europe today?
With offices, currently in Dublin, Kildare, Cork, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Barcelona, Cologne, Milan and plans for further expansion, we are recruiting. At present, we have a staff of over 200 people and our continual growth over the last 35 years has been attributed to our client centred consultancy, technologically innovative products and our progressive approach. As a result, we are now recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Measured Building Surveys, Legal Mapping, Area Measurement, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Topographic Surveys, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Subsurface Engineering Services, Geophysical Surveys, Monitoring Solutions, Digital Construction, Hydrographic Surveys and UAV/Drone Surveys.
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.
This role will provide management and responsibility on a diverse range of prestigious public and private projects ranging in size and complexity across Ireland. As a member of this department, you will provide a consultative approach to the business, incorporating survey design, project management and technical recommendations whilst offering a turnkey solution to our client’s project requirements.
In addition, this appointment will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to further develop their technical and managerial skills along with excellent opportunities for career advancement within the company.
The subsurface engineering department is rapidly growing, and consists of a large number of adept surveyors, civil & structural engineers, geophysicists and geologists. We have introduced innovative and alternative methods to assist difficult and unusual engineering surveys and investigations. We offer clients specially trained survey teams who can undertake specialist surveys, combining 3D deliverables with consultative recommendations to our clients. We have been involved in projects such as Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport, Luas Cross City in Dublin, Swords BRT Scheme, Cork Main Drainage Scheme and the Galway to Mayo Gas pipeline helping to survey infrastructure across the country.
- Qualified professional with a minimum of a diploma in GIS/ Remote Sensing
- 1 years post graduate experience in a consultancy working on GIS related projects
- Report Writing
- Managing multiple projects
- Post processing of survey field data into GIS formats
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Task orientated and results focused
- Attention to detail
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Highly driven
- Proficient in ArcGIS, MapInfo, MS Office & AutoCAD
- Fluent/ highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong safety ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
Why work with Murphy Surveys
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning & Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a very broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Access to a company vehicle (role dependent); Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.