Do you want to work for one of the leading surveying companies in Europe today?
Murphy Surveys is one of the leading survey consultancies in Europe. We are an ambitious and innovative company, and through our commitment to invest in people, technology and best practice, we continuously strive to be the best and remain ahead of the field in everything we do.
With offices nationwide in Ireland, the UK and in Spain, Germany and Italy, we are continuously developing and expanding our 250 strong team. Building on a strong reputation of over 35 years, we are recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Europe today.
Measured Building Surveys, Legal Mapping, Area Measurement, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Topographic Surveys, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Subsurface Engineering Services, Geophysical Surveys, Monitoring Solutions, Digital Construction, Hydrographic Surveys and UAV/Drone Surveys.
This role is responsible for the post processing and interpretation of ground penetrating radar and geophysical data collected from the field by site survey personnel. The geophysical data is then to be correlated with other survey data to produce 3D survey deliverables for our clients. The role will be based from our Head Office in Kilcullen, Co Kildare.
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.
Key responsibilities and associated duties
- Management of geophysical projects allocated to you by the operations manager
- Post processing of all geophysical survey data collected from site
- Report writing on geophysical findings and recommendations
- Provide schedule and progress reports to operations manager
- Problem solving solutions to ensure deadlines are maintained
- Implement quality procedures and protocols for the department and modify if necessary
- Ensure client work is delivered to the highest quality standards and any deviations are rectified with haste and learnings incorporated through after-action reviews
- Ensure accuracy of all information that is reported on the project management system
- Support innovation of workflows and technology
- Provide input and support to other departments seeking to implement improvements that will benefit the Company
- Hold a primary qualification in geophysics or similar
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in the area of Ground Penetrating Radar
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in post processing of Ground Penetrating Radar data.
- Be fully familiar with field survey design and data acquisition using Ground Penetrating Radar
- Have excellent data processing, interpretation, report writing and communications skills
- Have a good working knowledge of the engineering, surveying and SUE industries
- Be willing to travel and carry out field work in Ireland if required
Why work with Murphy Surveys
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning & Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a very broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.