Do you want to work for one of the leading surveying companies in Europe today?
With offices, currently in Dublin, Kildare, Cork, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Barcelona, Cologne, Milan and plans for further expansion we are recruiting. At present, we have a staff of over 200 people and our continual growth over the last 35 years has been attributed to our client centred consultancy, technologically innovative products and our progressive approach. As a result, we are now recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Digital Construction, Monitoring Solutions, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Topographic Surveys, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Subsurface Engineering Services, Geophysical Surveys, Hydrographic Surveys, UAV/Drone Surveys, Measured Building Surveys, Legal Mapping, and Area Measurement.
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.
We are currently looking for a number of Engineering Surveyors to join our team. There are vacancies for staff based around the Dublin and Kildare regions.
- Have relevant qualifications (Surveying, Geomatics or Engineering) and/or relevant experience
- Fundamental knowledge of the principles and practices of surveying
- Detailed knowledge of modern survey methods and survey devices, Total stations, GPS and data collectors
- Ability to perform detailed field and office surveying work
- The use of post processing software and AutoCAD. StarNet and 12d would be an advantage
- Understanding of BIM workflows, and experience with digital collaboration tools an advantage.
- Experience working in infrastructure and construction a requirement
- Experience with machine control an advantage
- To build and maintain client relationships ensuring we deliver to objectives set
- Experience with UAV technology and software an advantage
- Experience with HD Laser Scanning technology and software an advantage
- Team Leadership Skills
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Understand Scopes of work and project requirements
- Possess the ability to work with autonomy or as part of a team
- Enjoy learning new software applications
- Have strong knowledge of current CAD technology
- Possess strong understanding of common industry practices
- Be a problem solver with a positive attitude
- Set high standards for themselves and their services
- Possess superior organizational and time management skills
- Have a full driving licence
- Be flexible to travel for work
- Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Accountability
- Planning and Organising
- Creativity and Innovation
Why work with Murphy Surveys
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning & Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a very broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Access to a company vehicle (role dependent); Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.