Building Information Modelling
The rapid emergence of Building Information Modelling (BIM) continues to revolutionise the way architecture, engineering and construction firms work together to communicate, solve problems and build better projects.
As many firms have now seen their construction work switch to retrofit, refurbishment & renovation projects, Murphy Surveys have developed an exclusive 3D surveying and CAD/Revit modelling department to encompass these projects and support the BIM process from project outset.
Delivering the highest level of expertise, we have been providing advanced 3D Building Information Modelling Services for many years. Our bespoke data processing software and tailored workflows will extract value and precision from your BIM investment.
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is the process of managing the information produced during a construction project into a common format. BIM describes the practice of designing a project collaboratively using one coherent system of data-rich models. When correctly implanted, BIM offers enormous gains in saving time and cost, much greater accuracy in estimation, and the avoidance of error, alterations and rework.
Adopting BIM involves much more than simply changing the software we use. To achieve all the benefits it offers, everyone in the architecture, engineering and construction industries will have to learn to work in fundamentally new ways.
BIM is a whole new paradigm.
Exclusive BIM Techniques
To maximise its benefits, the BIM process should be applied from project inception. We therefore begin with a thorough assessment of your current BIM requirements and desired goals then create an accurate delivery tailored to your specific needs. Using a number of methods and techniques to capture the as-built environment including 3D Laser Scanning technology, we survey the site conditions prior to the commencement of a project. Collecting accurate carefully controlled and detailed measurements, we then use this raw data to produce intelligent precise models using BIM software to meet a broad spectrum of customer and industry demands.
With the integration of the latest software and equipment our highly trained and experienced team of professionals can provide complete, proven BIM solutions to manage even the most complex implementations. Our team is fully conversant with Architectural, Structure and MEP modelling.
We can also continue to capture site conditions using laser scanning for on-going comparisons with the design. Deviation reports can be produced to monitor construction and our clients can view all captured data in almost real-time.
Benefits of Building Information Modelling Services
- Our building information modelling services and As-Built Building Information Models integrate directly with existing Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) and Facility Management Systems (FM); ideal for not only buildings but also for civil/infrastructure assets and plant/facility assets.
- Capture and integrate reality directly into your design process with ReCap™ reality capture software. ReCap point cloud and image-based 3D modelling software and BIM services work seamlessly with Autodesk design and creation suites, so you can start your design with accurate dimensions and full photo-quality context rather than a blank screen.
- Reliable, accurate data reduces the risks associated with project execution.
- Reduces the costs and downtime associated with construction rework, site revisits and field changes.
- A single, shared knowledge source improves collaboration, communication and workflows.
- Highly-detailed data improves decision-making and engineering designs.
- HD Laser Scan Survey
- ASCII Text File of X,Y and Z Points
- Surveyed Point Cloud Data with Desktop Point Cloud Viewer
- 2D CAD Drawing and PDF
- 3D CAD Model and 3D PDF
- As-Built BIM – 3D Building Information Model
- 3D Construction Simulations and Animations
- 3D Analysis and Clash Detection
- 360° High Resolution Spherical Panoramic Photography
- Fully Immersive Virtual Tour of Surveyed Area
- Cloud Based Client Portal, 3D File and Point Cloud Viewer
- Web Browser Point Cloud Viewing Software and Files
Murphy Surveys’ BIM Solutions
We have a dedicated website that focuses solely on our Survey to BIM Solutions – www.bimovate.com
Murphy Surveys are leaders in the area of BIM. The degree of accuracy consistently achieved throughout all projects has strengthened this reputation making us one of the most technically proficient survey companies in the UK and Ireland today. We understand the large responsibility that comes with our role, especially when delivering critical measurements on such important projects. We strive for excellence in all aspects of our work.