Do you want to work for one of the leading surveying companies in Europe today?
With offices, currently in Dublin, Kildare, Cork, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Barcelona, Cologne, Milan and plans for further expansion we are recruiting. At present, we have a staff of over 200 people and our continual growth over the last 35 years has been attributed to our client centred consultancy, technologically innovative products and our progressive approach. As a result, we are now recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Measured Building Surveys, Legal Mapping, Area Measurement, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Topographic Surveys, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Subsurface Engineering Services, Geophysical Surveys, Monitoring Solutions, Digital Construction, Hydrographic Surveys and UAV/Drone Surveys.
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Support project teams to deliver projects in BIM
- Creation, management and monitoring the BIM contract documentation and deliverables
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with agreed BIM protocols
- Manage / Update BIM Project Documents
- Implement and maintain the BIM Execution Plan
- Follow BIM standards and development procedures
- Responsible for the BIM training of staff appropriate to their level of involvement with BIM
- Train and oversee the day-to-day activities of the BIM department to ensure BIM standards are maintained in the creation of the Revit models
- Troubleshoot problems
- Directly responsible for any BIM team members under his/her direct reporting responsibility
- Coordinate needed hardware upgrades with IT
- Communicate with subcontractors to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models using CDE
- Responsible for production of construction timeline simulations using SynchroPRO
- Assisting in production of high quality visualisations at tender stage of the project
- Strong people management skills
- 5+ years industry experience actively working on projects
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Degree in Construction/ Engineering/ Architectural Technology
- Proficient in Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Revit Structure, Navisworks Manage
- Excellent IT skills including multi-disciplinary BIM applications
- Experience in design review process, model management and clash detention
- Strong interpersonal, social skills with the ability to manage other design personnel
- General understanding of interoperability between software used to accomplish discipline tasks
- Good understanding of BIM compliance documentation e.g. PAS 1192, with knowledge of BEP, EIR, COBie
- Knowledge and experience in use of UK Level 2 BIM Standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work as part of team and on own initiative
- Experience in training people
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Making decisions
- Attention to detail
- Taking initiative
- Planning and organising
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Working as part of the team
- Candidates must be able to prove that they are fully conversant with the most up to date techniques, including electromagnetic detection and Ground Probing Radar.
- Available to work throughout Ireland as required
- Hold a full driving licence
Why work with Murphy Surveys
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning & Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a very broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Access to a company vehicle (role dependent); Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.