Do you want to work for one of the leading surveying companies in Europe today?
This role offers the opportunity to relocate to Dublin area as part of Murphy Surveys expansion in Ireland. Our office locations are Dublin, Kildare, Cork, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Barcelona, Cologne, Milan and we have plans for further expansion, including the current expansion of our Dublin hub.
At present, we have a staff of over 240 people and our continual growth over the last 35 years has been attributed to our client centred consultancy, technologically innovative products and our progressive approach. As a result, we are now recognised as being at the forefront of the surveying industry and are widely regarded as one of the most dynamic, experienced, professional, innovative, and technically proficient surveying companies in Ireland and the UK today.
Measured Building Surveys, Legal Mapping, Area Measurement, Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D HD Laser Scanning, Topographic Surveys, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Specialist Engineering Services, Subsurface Engineering Services, Geophysical Surveys, Monitoring Solutions, Digital Construction, Hydrographic Surveys and UAV/Drone Surveys.
Our HR Philosophy
Our people are a critical part of our success and represent the value of Murphy Surveys through their actions and decisions every day. We believe focusing on recruiting the best people and investing in their development helps us to create an environment where staff are engaged and committed leading to higher levels of staff and client satisfaction.
We are looking to build and maintain a team who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment presenting opportunities to take on challenging work and deliver quality outcomes to our clients by working with others to achieve success.
Murphy Surveys are expanding our service offering to our clients to include Building Surveying and project management to complement to our existing service offering.
We are seeking an experienced Building Surveyor to self-manage, under the direction of senior management, our new building surveying offering. The role is diverse and intense with a requirement for involvement in a wide range of areas such as business development, project management, leading and directing both technical and quality, together with managing a team as the service expands. You will be expected to oversee and advise on projects ranging from small-scale domestic to large commercial projects throughout Ireland.
This role offers the opportunity to relocate to Dublin area as part of Murphy Surveys expansion in Ireland. Our new space is next to the Luas Red Line, with easy access to the city centre. Travel may be required in and around the country, as and where projects arise.
- High standard of customer service
- A BSc in Building Surveying or relevant qualification of similar level
- 5+ years’ experience in the management of projects, delivering a client focused service
- Competence in, but not limited to; all aspects of building surveying, including construction standards, building law, code[s] development and legislation, fire safety, accessibility, the BCAR process, Assigned/Design Certifier, technical due diligence reporting, building inspections, condition surveys, planned [preventative] maintenance, defect[s] analysis and dilapidation reporting
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good communication skills & team player
- Registered Status
- Full, clean, drivers Licence
Why work with Murphy Surveys
- Widely Recognised: We are widely recognised as one of the most experienced, professional, innovative, technically proficient surveying companies today.
- Cutting Edge Technologies: we use only the very latest technological equipment.
- Support network: We pride ourselves on our excellent support network of employees and management who are always eager to help each other.
- Equality & Opportunity: We are fully committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in our employment practices.
- Breadth of Experience: We branch across all sectors of industry giving our staff opportunities to gain a broad base of knowledge and experience.
- Learning & Growth: We support and develop our people to enhance their technical and personal competencies towards the achievement of their ambitions.
- Exclusive Clients: We are proud to work with a very broad spectrum of exclusive clients.
- Employee Benefits: Sick pay scheme for all employees in service for over one and a half years; Enhanced annual leave entitlement; Access to a contributory pension scheme; Death in Service benefit; Access to a company vehicle (role dependent); Allowance payments when working away; Ample free car parking facilities available when working in our office locations.