The successful candidate will join the monitoring department of our growing UK infrastructure and construction surveying team, and will have industry experience and a proven track record of managing sales and commercial aspects of surveying and monitoring projects. The position is full time, and the successful candidate is sought for an immediate start.
- Establish new accounts.
- Adjust content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as weekly/monthly work reports.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Track Sales Pipeline.
- Review costs and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Health and Safety.
- Overall monitoring department strategy development.
- Effective communication and liaison with clients, authorities, and relevant third parties.
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience.
- Diploma or degree in relevant subject.
- Confident and comfortable with the use of the latest technologies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to work well within a team and in an autonomous environment.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Familiar with project specifications and requirements.
- Strong networking and sales skills.
- Willing to be flexible in working hours.
- Willing to work mainly in London and UK possibly also business trips to Europe or further afield.
- Rail/road monitoring experience preferable but not essential, including basic knowledge of monitoring equipment and data processing.