3D Laser Scanning
3D laser scanning remotely captures the complete three-dimensional geometry of objects, properties and sites. A huge amount of detail can be collected in a short period of time and the detail is highly accurate. It is high accuracy mapping or reality capture, that quickly captures rich detail of an entire scene.
- 3D Data Capture
- High Definition
- High detail
Murphy Surveys is the most experienced suppliers of this technology in Ireland and the UK today.
3D Laser Scanning Applications
- As-built Surveys
- Site/Engineering Surveys
- Topographic Surveys
- Architectural Restoration
- Heritage Site/Conservation Surveys
- Deformation Analysis
- Pipeline Surveys
- Profiles and Volumes
- Construction Inspection
- Bridge, Overpass and Tower Surveys
- Any Potentially Hazardous Environments, e.g. structurally unsafe buildings or motorways
- Fabrication and Reverse Engineering
- Set Surveys for Movie/TV Visual Effects
- Volume-metric Surveys
- Event Pre-Planning
Benefits of 3D Laser Scanning
- Remotely capture data from potentially hazardous sites, e.g. motorways or structurally unsafe buildings.
- Fast data capture; critical on sites with limited access, e.g. crime scenes.
- Complete data collection enables further investigations to be carried out later on without costly returns to the site.
- Reduces the costs and downtime associated with construction rework, site revisits and field changes.
- Lower cost survey method compared to alternatives.
- Improved accuracy and precision reduces the risks associated with project execution.
- Highly-detailed data improves decision-making and engineering designs.
- Enables 3D Modelling and Building Information Modelling (BIM).
Exclusive Techniques & the Latest Equipment
We have developed our own exclusive, in-house 3D surveying and CAD/Revit modelling techniques.
Ongoing investments in the latest technologies enable us to cut costs and risks for our clients. We were the first company in Ireland to invest in Leica’s P20 Laser Scanner. We recently acquired a Z+F 5010C Laser scanner with HDR capabilities.
We have an array of systems available to meet any requirement, including the Mobile Mapper (vehicle-mounted), Aerial LiDAR, Terrestrial and Handheld.
We use a portable coordinate measuring machine with integrated laser scanner for close range laser scanning. This technology is a fully integrated high definition 3D measurement solution for applications that require metrology grade precision.
- 2D plans & elevations
- User friendly panoramic images with measurements instantly available from each pixel
- Point to point and point to surface measurements; high and low points and tie points.
- Sections & Profiles
- Volume-metric reports
- Line of site and crime scene witness viewpoints & bullet trajectory analysis
- Detailed topographic maps
- Wireframe and surface models
- ISO packs
- Links to asset information
- Fully textured models
- Fly-Through Videos
- Fully intelligent plant models
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)